Sunday, April 22, 2012

Monday Morning Blues; Truckin' My Blues Away


Blind Boy Fuller · Truckin' My Blues Away


I got a gal here in this town, she's the best lookin' brown around
I got a gal in this town, best lookin' brown around
She's a-strictly tailor-made, she ain't no hand-me-down
Catch you truckin' with her, I'm gonna sure shoot you down
Keep on truckin' mama, truckin' my blues away
Truckin' my blues away



Truckin' the Blues away was referred to by Buddha as "the turning of the wheel of Dhamma", following the path leading to the cessation of the Blues.

Unfortunately for Blind Boy Fuller, it had nothing to do with having the best lookin' gal around...

"Vision arose, insight arose, discernment arose, knowledge arose, illumination arose within me with regard to things never heard before: 'This is the noble truth of the way of practice leading to the cessation of the Blues'... 'This noble truth of the way of practice leading to the cessation of the Blues is to be developed'... 'This noble truth of the way of practice leading to the cessation of the Blues has been developed.'"



No comments:

Post a Comment