Wednesday, March 21, 2012

phenomena



"All phenomena are rooted in desire."
-Buddha AN 10.58


The first time I saw a Korean toddler, I thought to myself, "I want one!"

It wasn't the most masculine of desires, and I didn't really believe it would ever be possible, but I honestly believe, and most of my close friends in Korea would agree, that it did affect me throughout my first three years here, even if I wasn't always aware of it.

About the same time the phenomena known as Fina was being rooted, I always noticed this Fatima baby hospital on my way to and from downtown, and used to watch through the window as the bus passed by.

As phenomena would have it, we'll actually be heading to this hospital tomorrow morning for the birth of our second child. I'll definitely post something from my phone to let everyone know how EunBong and the baby are doing, but other wise, I'm not sure how much I'll be posting for the next couple of weeks.

Now, off to bed for possibly the last real sleep in the foreseeable future!




No comments:

Post a Comment