Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Shiva Mahadeva Temple, Prambanan, Indonesia



The main site around Jogjakarta, other than Borobudur, are the stunning 9th century Hindu temples in Prambanan, featuring the Shiva Mahadeva temple. 

Unfortunately most of the place was devastated by an earthquake in 2006, it's still a must see for anyone passing through the island. 

We got caught in another downpour but the dramatic sky made an amazing backdrop to the temples. 

After waiting it out in the small museum, we headed back to the parking lot to catch our ride to the airport, and a huge rainbow appeared across the sky. I was tempted to run back to the temple and take some photos, but it was time to go.

From there, we headed to the airport and off to Bali, the place I'm mostly likely to want to be at any given time...



















































1 comment:

  1. I love these chadis. I fell in love when I went exibition. I was age 18, long long time ago. I visit here to meet them again. There are many chedies to see.

    ReplyDelete