Friday, August 26, 2011

seeing emptiness




'I am not, I will not be. 
I have not, I will not have. 
This frightens all children, 
And kills fear in the wise.'
 -Nagarjuna


Anyone who has difficulty understanding the Buddhist concept of emptiness really just has to spend about an hour with a two year old.


You'll see...


When Fina is happy I'm convinced she's the most beautiful child in the world, but when things don't go her way, I honestly can't believe it's the same little being I was just laughing with a few minutes before. In a sense, she isn't.


Now, if only I could see that same switch in myself as clearly when things aren't the way I'd like them to be!

1 comment:

  1. a thought-provoking post, I have to remember it!
    And I love to see pictures of your little daughter, she is...wonderful!
    Renée

    ReplyDelete