Thursday, June 2, 2011

Five Precepts Blues; #1.8 - Stone Cold Dead in the Market

Louis Jordan & Ella Fitzgerald • Stone Cold Dead in the Market (He Had it Coming)


He's stone cold dead in de market,
He's stone cold dead in de market,
I kill nobody but me husband.


Last night I went out drinking,
When I came home I gave her a beating;
So she cotch up up de rolling pin,
And went to work on my head 'til she boshed it in.


I lick him with de pot and de frying pan,
I lick him with de pot and de frying pan,
And if I kill him, he had it coming.


There's one thing that I am sure
He ain't going to beat me no more
So I tell you that I doesn't care
If I was to die in de 'lectric chair



If both husband & wife want to see one another not only in the present life but also in the life to come, they should be in tune with each other in conviction, in tune in virtue, in tune in generosity, and in tune in discernment. Then they will see one another not only in the present life but also in the life to come.

 - Buddha, from the Samajivina Sutta: Living in Tune


I have a hunch that both of these cases just might lead to meetings in future life. Anyway, is there really any need to speed up the process?

No comments:

Post a Comment