Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Five Precepts Blues; #3.5 - Outskirts of Town

Jimmy Witherspoon • Outskirts of Town


It may seem funny honey, funny as can be
But if we have any children, they better all look like me
That's why I'm gotta move, way out on the outskirts of town
'Cause I don't want nobody, nobody hangin' around


About 4% of children are figured to not have been raised by their biological fathers. The song does seem pretty funny, but in actuality, it's not. I'm sure it's down right painful for the mothers keeping the secret, the fathers who suspect, or the families confronting the situation.


That's one comforting thing about having a mixed Korean baby, there's no doubt for anyone whose baby she is! Not that I've ever had any reason to suspect otherwise...







No comments:

Post a Comment