Monday, March 14, 2011

It Hurts Me Too

[vodpod id=Video.5759768&w=425&h=350&fv=s%3DZT0xJmk9MTIxNDU5MjU5NCZrPUFTTHphJmE9MTUyOTUzMTFfdkVZd3gmdT1iZW5naXZlbm5p]

"When things go wrong, go wrong with you,
It hurts me too."


I've always found the chorus of this song a bit profound (for a love song, and all).

A couple of weeks ago, I commented to Chong Go Sunim that when things don't work out for EunBong, I've become more disappointed than when they don't work out for myself. He responded, "Isn't that called love?"

With Fina, too. When she is sick or hurts herself, EunBong and I both feel much worse than if it were us.

With the situation in Japan, as with other similar ones, even though it's not my personal reality, I still feel out of sorts.

Over the last couple of days, I've tried to examining what it is that's affecting me. Not in words, but in something else. Is it the same feeling that made Prince Siddhartha get on his horse and leap the palace walls in the middle of the night? Is it a desire for others not to have suffering?

No comments:

Post a Comment