Friday, November 19, 2010

happy, happy, joy, joy

It may strike some as odd that a philosophy/religion based on being happy spends so much time talking about suffering...

But, being from Canada, if someone were to tell me I could find true happiness by driving to Mexico, a major part of that journey would be spent going through the US of A. Likewise, the journey to happiness is through the investigation and understanding of the dukkha we're holding in our way.

Here is one of my favorite investigations into one of my favorite forms of dukkha... Jim Kweskin performing "Blues my Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me."






and a possible cure (for good measure). Sometimes, just being willing to laugh is enough!





2 comments:

  1. Great to hear Jim Kweskin - haven't heard him since the, uh, late 60s (?), but then I wasn't there most of that time. Great post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barry,
    Actually, I was curious if you'd know Jim Kweskin!
    The technician in my university printmaking studio told me about him, I like his quirkiness.

    I'd tried not to do any Friday video post, not to step on your feet, but what's that thing about aversion??

    ReplyDelete