Friday, May 6, 2011

Five Precepts Blues; # 5.7 - cocaine cowboy


Today is the 14th anniversary of my friend's death, in a car crash in the middle of the night. I'm not sure, but I think the driver was under some sort of influence. There usually wasn't a night that went by that they didn't do something.

Clare Secondary School went from grade 7 to 12, and I'm not sure there was a single year I attended that there wasn't a serious car accident involving a student. In most years someone died and it continued after I graduated.

I'm actually not sure where I'm going with this post. Every line I write I delete again. Maybe I have some delusion that it can keep people from repeating the same mistake, but I'm not expecting it will. Maybe I just feel like I shouldn't forget.

I think he would have got a kick out of this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment