Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Morning Blues; Nagasaki

[vodpod id=Video.5803217&w=425&h=350&fv=s%3DZT0xJmk9MTIyMjAxNjA2MSZrPVNtZzVkJmE9MTUyOTUzMTFfdkVZd3gmdT1iZW5naXZlbm5p]

This song isn't really a blues, but I thought it was an interesting glimpse into of a time before the name Nagasaki had any connotations of nuclear disaster.

It seems strange that of all the places to be facing another disaster, it would be Japan.

As I wrote on Wake Up And Laugh yesterday, I've stopped looking at the news since last week. I'll check for updates online, but the TV is just full of panic.

At Saturday Sangha, Chong Go Sunim often mentions Zen Master Daehaeng's advice to, "entrust it and know that it will be taken care of," and not getting caught up in the details of what could happen. When North Korea started testing nuclear weapons, her comment was, "Before there was the nuclear bomb there was mind.”

I think we should be very careful how we feed or interfere with the outcome with our thoughts. I know most of the time I'm not but I'd like to change that.

This week, I've been learning to practice entrusting. Trying to understand the bigger picture or at least that there is a bigger picture!

As I also mentioned, yesterday, I've sent many thoughts of Metta to the engineers working at the plant. Their sacrifice is an inspiring display of selfless Bodhisattva action, as they aren't only doing it for their family, or their country, but potentially all of us.

I've never written anything, really, about my visits to Japan. So this week, I'd like to take you on those journeys...

No comments:

Post a Comment